Expand into Dubai and access markets across the Middle East – and beyond!
The UAE is an important entry port for a £150 billion regional marketplace which is spring-boarded out from Dubai.
To find out how your business can expand into this region, register and attend a 1-2-1 free workshop on the opportunities to scale and the compliance requirements to sustain that growth.
Get bespoke face-to-face advice and guidance from in-country experts on market entry and expansion, compliance and investment, payments and logistics, talent and travel - alongside access to UK and Dubai Government agencies and trade bodies.
Expert advisers & mentors include:
About British Centres for Business
- The BCB is DIT’s official delivery partner in the UAE
- The BCB’s incubator has helped 34 UK companies set up in Dubai since launch in 2015
- It’s a unique low-cost & low-risk market entry platform sponsored by Dubai Government (through Dubai FDI) to help UK scale-up businesses launch and grow
- Creative & Tech firms account for more than 66% of incubator clients
- Since 2015 BCB have delivered more than 200 individual company trade support projects.
About Clyde & Co
- Clyde & Co has the largest presence, and is one of the most experienced international law firms in the Middle East with over 40 partners and 400 staff ‘on the ground’ providing a full-service offering of local specialists across most business sectors and practice areas.
- Located in the major commercial hubs of the region, it has 5 offices (Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE; Riyadh in Saudi Arabia, Doha in Qatar; and Muscat in Oman) from which it supports regional organisations and international investors throughout the GCC and the wider Middle East region.
- Established in the UAE in 1989, Clyde & Co has almost 30 years of deep market knowledge and experience in the sectors in which its clients operate.
- International and domestic clients engage Clyde & Co across the full spectrum of their corporate and commercial needs, including company structuring and governance, policy setting and licensing arrangements, employment and Emiratisation issues, funding, procurement, intellectual property (IP), technology and general commercial contracts.
- Clyde & Co’s dedicated Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) team assists clients to enter, operate and grow in various markets across the region. The intimate knowledge of licensing procedures, the way in which government departments operate and of the people who work in them that Clyde & Co’s FDI team possess means it is uniquely placed to assist.
- In particular, they advise on:
- The establishment of new business operations
- The restructuring of existing business operations in the Middle East
- Local compliance and regulatory issues
- Corporate governance
What to expect from the GTM Programme:
This workshop is part of the GTM programme which supports mid-market tech/digital companies on their international expansion journeys. By participating in the programme you can expect a mix of the following great benefits:
- Advice & guidance from experts in international trade
- Export readiness audits & market research reports
- Access to a network of in-country specialists & trade partners
- Go-to-market strategy development & market expansion planning
- Compliance, regulatory & risk management planning
- In-country distribution, sales & business development services
- Access to overseas EDOs, accelerator programs & government support
- Funding via an international network of investors & VCs
- Curated promotions & offers for businesses transacting overseas
Please note, attendance is subject to the approval of the organisers who will contact you after you have registered.
Workshops run in two-hour slots throughout the day and are organised so that you have a series of one-to-one consultations with select experts relevant to your business needs and international expansion plans. There is also opportunity for peer to peer networking with lunchtime food and refreshments.
Who should attend:
CEOs, founders and senior managers of UK mid-market tech & digital scale-ups looking to expand internationally in the next 3 to 6 months and with turnover in the range £7m to £50m.
Places are limited so early registration is advised. The organisers will contact you directly to discuss your circumstances and confirm your booking, typically within 48 hours. You will be asked to provide information about your business so that you can be matched to relevant mentors on the day.
About GTM Global:
Connects UK scale-up brands in digital and tech to a designated panel of experts from government, trade bodies and commercial partners to provide on-going advice and guidance for them to go market and expand internationally.
Has more than 950 UK companies as members. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups.